90’s stand-up – 10.11.2019, 20.30, Книгата (The Book)This year we will be celebrating the 10’Th of November in a different, more interesting way. The first event that we dedicate to the anniversary of 1989, will put the transition under the lights. Join us to talk about it with humor and laughter with the ‘Inside joke stand-up comedy’ team. The date is 10.11.2019, the time is 8:30 pm, the location is Книгата (The Book). Admission is free. We are expecting you!
Photo: Club Z
Transition Photography workshop – Apply now!Again, we join forces with artists Bayryam Bayryamali and Krasimira Butseva, with whom we worked on discussions about the so-called “Revival process” in the village of Oreshari and at our summer school in Belene. We invite you to participate in an upcoming workshop to create a zine with your own photography project, family photos or different kind of photography materials related to the subject of transition. 1989 is the beginning of key changes for Eastern Europe. The transition brings with it the unknown freedoms and rights to which the young democracies must adapt quickly. We dedicate our upcoming workshop to this turbulent period of change.
Who can apply?
- People born after 1989 who want to share their thoughts, memories, interests and projects regarding the topic of transition;
- Artists, photographers, writers, graphic designers, school or university students;
- People who are born or living in Bulgaria (we will cover the travel expenses of participants living in Bulgaria);
- People who have the free time to attend a one-day workshop on 9’Th and 10’Th November in Sofia, Bulgaria (the date will be further specified, follow our Facebook page and website).
The candidates should send us:
- 5 photos that touch on the subject of transition;
- Project description, what do you find interesting reading the topic of transition and what you know about it (up to 100 words);
- Short biography (up to 100 words).
Application deadline: 1’st of November 2019.For further inquiries, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The lesson and materials for teaching the events of November 10, 1989This year marks the 30th anniversary of the transition to a democratic society. We propose a lesson and teaching materials to present the events around November 10, 1989 to students. The experts Momchil Metodiev – a historian, and Bistra Stoimenova – a specialist in history teaching methodologies, with the institutional support of the Ministry of Education and Sciences (MoES), have developed the following materials for use in the classroom:
- working materials:
- methodological guidelines
- work list
- a chronology of events around 1989.